Wednesday, November 07, 2007

This song

This man.

This man and this song.

I can't even put into words what this song does to me.

When my Uncle was ill and praying for a miracle, I would play this song over and over and over. In my car, in my home, and once with him.

The day of his service was bittersweet. It was finally over. The pain, the suffering and for the first time in many months, my time was....my time.

Don't get me wrong, I had a choice, oh yes a choice. My choice was to do exactly as I did and I have NEVER had any regrets. But finally, time.for.me.

During his service I didn't cry much. I didn't let go. I cried so many tears I don't think I could ever cry again.

That night, my brother and I had tickets to see Jonathan Butler.

Finally, time for me.

This was my first time seeing Mr. Butler and I was so excited. His voice is big and his faith strong. And for a few hours I didn't think of anything but the beautiful music that he made.

Until.

Until he sang this song.

Then like a dam breaking the emotions that I held in all day flooded and the tears flowed. It was as if I were the only person in the room and he was singing to only me.

The precise moment I felt Tim with me, my brother grabbed my hand and I knew.....Everything is going to be alright.

Everythings gonna be alright

Everythings gonna be alright..

Everythings gonna be alright..

Everythings gonna be alright..

Everythings gonna be alright..

Everythings gonna be alright..

Everythings gonna be alright..

Everythings gonna beeeeeeeeeee


And still to this day when I hear this song on my ipod, in my car, in a store, it takes me to that time and place.

Now why you ask am I blogging about this now?

Don't worry, I am getting to the part with the dirt....

Reason is.

Billy and Denise are on a ship.

Where this man.

Will sing this song.

And I miss them terribly.

I hope they think of me when he sings it and I can't wait until they get back.

I wanna hear everything......

Miss you guys!

No comments: