Monday, August 28, 2006

Recap....


Ok, I know its been forever since my last post and most of you are wondering how the Howard Hewett concert was.....

Let me just say...

OH

MY

GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, the concert started at 8 and doors open at 7:30....my cousin Chris (love him) said it was up to me on what time to leave.....So we left at 5:00.....at this point it wasn't real. We get to the place at 5:30 before 1/2 the employees do and we are laughing so hard cuz we are all dressed to kill and this place looks like the local Moose Lodge...(maybe not that bad, but still) So we talk to the manager of the establishment and let him know that we traveled many many miles to see this concert and want to get a good seat....He assures us not to worry. So the 6 of us park our behinds at the bar and get ready for 3 hours of drinking...(Billy wasn't drinking that much since he over did it the night before....okay Mom!)

So while we are waiting we chat up the promoter of the show and the manager of the bar and they are amazed at the miles we traveled and assured us we will get a good seat, but they aren't letting anyone in until 7:30. As it approaches, its finally hitting me....I. am. going. to. see. Howard!!!!!

All of a sudden we are looking for Denise and can't find her....Scott points and sees that Denise has found a way to get in the venue and is chatting up the promoter all the while sitting pretty in the first row!!!! I LOVE HER!!! I am so excited but do not want to go in just in case they get mad and kick us all out....so I patiently sit at the bar waiting.....

About 7:15 I get a text from Denise saying that Howard will be in to do a sound check then will leave to get ready and then return for the show.... I cannot even SPEAK!!!!

Fast forward to 7:30ish and by now Billy has joined Denise comes, to the window and has a smile from ear to ear as he points to.......you guessed it....HOWARD HEWETT!!!! Tears flow from my eyes, I say "Fuck it, I am going in" We find the door (the remaining 4) and sit and watch this man do a sound check! It was our private concert and I was speechless.....TEARS ARE STREAMING DOWN MY FACE as I hold my brother's hand...I can't believe I am finally here.....

After the sound check my cousin Blanca (Love her!) goes up to him and tells him I am his greatest fan and Scott is pushing me up to go meet him.....I. touched. him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My brother gets the camera....tries to figure it out....all the while I am posing my ASS OFF!!!! I am actually grateful that he cant figure it out cuz I AM HUGGING HOWARD HEWETT!!!!..The flash goes off and I thank him, grab my camera to see the picture and I get this.....


More to follow later

No comments: